Monday, June 20, 2011

The First 15K

I guess that I've been pretty fortunate up to this point to not really have any sort of downswing at all this year. It seems as though I haven't been running very well all year but I also haven't been running terribly bad either.

That said, the first 15K VPP's have been nothing short of brutal this month. Just standard running bad...losing flips, getting coolered etc. I've also been playing sort of spewy and have been making bad calls in close spots and it seems that I've been wrong most of the time. I currently find myself down about $1700 and considering that I won't be hitting any milestone bonuses this month, it would take nothing short of a miracle to prevent this from being my worst financial month this year (well, not counting January!).

Thinking positively, my deficit can be erased with 1 good day so it's certainly nothing worth panicking about but it's obviously annoying. Oh well, hopefully it doesn't get worse before it gets better!

I was going to post a bunch of bad beat histories for therapeutic reasons but there were too many and the post got ridiculously long. That and no one cares. I'll leave you with one of the more tilting hands of the day...it was only a flip but his play is so bad that it seems like a beat lol. The play was made by a huge winning player as well, so either he made all of his money back in 2006 or I'm doing it wrong...he reps exactly what he has and there's no way he can ever have anything of real strength in this spot so unless he thinks that I'm squeezing with like A2 and is shoving for value the play seems spewy at best. If only I didn't have the bottom of my range here or if only I won the flip!

No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (8 handed)
Hero (BB) ($200)
UTG ($200.30)
UTG+1 ($419.35)
MP1 ($202)
MP2 ($203)
CO ($188.55)
Button ($200)
SB ($382.45)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, Q
3 folds, MP2 bets $8, CO calls $8, 1 fold, SB calls $7, Hero raises $34, 2 folds, SB raises $374.45 (All-In), Hero calls $164 (All-In)

Flop: ($416) K, 4, 2 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: ($416) 7 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($416) J (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $416

Results:
SB had 8, 8 (one pair, eights).
Hero had A, Q (high card, Ace).
Outcome: SB won $595.45

Anywho, hope this month is going more smoothly for the rest of you! Will give another update in 15K VPP's or so.

gl at the tables!

No comments:

Post a Comment